Thursday, March 31, 2011

Carin is 30?

I am waiting for thirty. Thirty seems to be the magical number of respect. Thirty means that you are not the 'green' one at the office. That when you speak you have enough years under your belt not to be brushed off. Thirty means that you can officially be a mom. Thirty means you are old. I do not think that saying bye to my twenties will be that big of a deal to me. Because my thirties are gonna rock! I should have enough money saved for vacation and eating Ramen noodles will forever be a thing of the past. You have amazing friendships built by thirty and you are considered 'wiser!' Well, I don't know how wise I will be when I am thirty but thirty is going to be smack dab in the middle of the best years of family! Where the little one's worlds still revolve around mommy, but mommy is still young enough to potentially be called 'hot!' I have heard that 40 is the new 30, so does that make 30 the new 20? Bring them on!

Last Sunday we kissed Carin's twenties goodbye by celebrating with her family and friends on a Sunday afternoon by the pool. It is was so thirty perfect! Carin couldn't look thirty if she tried... I think she is totally considered a thirty hot mamma!


I talk about Carin a lot. And I mean every single word of who she is as a friend, a mother, a wife, a sister, and just an incredibly amazing person. I feel like I have known her my entire life and even though I haven't I would do anything for this person, because I know she would do anything for me. My friendship with Carin means the world to me and I am so grateful for her. She deserves to be celebrated. And you can see through her friends, parents, sisters and family members that they feel about Carin the way that I do. You just cannot help but love her! There is no one in the world like her.
I was thrilled to finally meet Carin's mom. I can definately see where Carin get's it. And Brooks is so in love with his Noni. He planted a big wet one right on her lips! Precious.
Tina reminded me so much of my own mom. She had a beautiful spread of goodies and wonderful poolside cocktails. She even sang along for the boys as they patted their heads along to "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes." Instantly became a winner in Liam's eyes!
 Carin has it all! An amazing career, a soulmate in Trey, incredible little boy and is surrounded by friends and family who love her. I have a feeling her thirties got off to a great start!
Happy Birthday sweet friend. Thank you for the blessing that is your friendship. Liam and I think you are pretty special!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet friend you have made through your littles! Great times with great friends.

    ReplyDelete