Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday Wink 008 & Winner

Wednesday Wink 008

 I love finding the perfect gift for every occasion. Recently, I have been gathering gifts for children's birthdays and baby showers which has been so much fun, but I was so thrilled when I found out Diana got engaged over the weekend because I got to go shopping for engagement gifts! Just a little something to say congrats and I am so happy for you! I haven't gone "I am happy for you" shopping in a while, but I rely on a few favorites when it comes to girlfriends receiving new jewelry! A ring holder, in my mind, is the perfect engagement news gift. Something to highlight her bling! Waterford makes several beautiful crystal holders and for a more modern flare, check out Red Envelope (Choose the elephant and come up with a cute message like "Never Forget"). My favorite ring holders are these hand blown ones from Henrietta Glass. They come in tons of amazing colors and no two holders are alike. For Diana, I chose an aquamarine inspired holder since she will be married next March. If you know your bride's colors for the wedding or the special date, choosing a coordinating color pallet makes the gift more personal. I truly hope she loves it as much as I had fun shopping. Congrats sweet friend!

Another favorite engagement news gift of mine is by Two's Company. They carry beautiful, silver-plated handled pens in the style of an antique knife. It is perfect for all the note writing and book signing that the bride's future holds. It was even featured on the "O List." Happy gift hunting! I would love to know what some of your favorite gifts for new engagements are! 
And now for the winner of the $100 Pappas Gift Card... Congratulations Ashley Wenmohs! Send me your email and we will coordinate getting the card to you! Thank you to everyone for your meal ideas!

4 comments:

  1. BOOOOOO! Will I ever get to win? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pens are also a favorite of mine...have given them as gifts and have one on the table in our foyer where I open mail. Hadn't seen these ring holders....beautiful!!! You always have the best gift ideas! Love your Wed. Winks. Look fwd to checking each week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Allison! BOOOOOO. And you know, my birthday is in October...

    ReplyDelete
  4. need to remember this

    ReplyDelete