Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chic Boutique Trunk Show

Last Thursday I did something I swore I would never do. I hosted a trunk show. It is not that I have anything against the jewelry, the makeup, the candles... it is just that I always feel pressured to buy. I end up buying some item that goes in a drawer because I really want to support moms that make it work from home. I admire them for finding an occupation that allows them to stay with their kids. I for some reason never really find that 'treasure' that others seem to. Until a couple of weeks ago when I attended a Chic Boutique trunk show at my friend, Claire's home. I had the best shopping experience and came home with three loaded bags!

Meet Shelby, the creative buyer behind Chic Boutique. Shelby has an eye for fashion. For what is in. What is hot. What is now! Chic Boutique features lines such as Glam, Voom and Freeway. A few of her pieces you might find in those upscale boutiques like Soho, yet Shelby won't leave you in sticker shock. I managed to pick up a top featured in the latest issue of glamour magazine as well as a Reese Witherspoon inspired coat with hot pink lining on clearance for an amazing $60.


One of my favorite pieces was a dress in loud, summer colors that screamed art opening. Having an incredible artist for a mother, means you actually have an opening to wear it to!
No matter your circumstance or event, Chic Boutique has an option for you. Shelby hand picks every piece in her collection and she never disappoints! From adorable dresses for the summer...
To this casual, infinity top for the weekend, she is sure to have something you desire!
The thing I like most about her collection is that she understands women and she understands moms. She has pieces to take your workday into night, grow with me tops for those expecting mothers, easy pieces for on the go, sexy outfits for dinner dates, and then those "don't touch me anywhere" pieces when we aren't feeling our best or when we might take on a second helping of dessert!
I am not sure about you, but I hardly shop for myself anymore. And if I do find the time in between office hours and errands to juggle a kid on the hip and stop in for a quick look, I end up frustrated. I usually have ten minutes before someone needs another cheerio to find something and if I do have help, he is usually carrying the blackberry and love him, but everything I try on doesn't look "good." Let's face it. My closet needed a facelift and Chic Boutique did just that. Gave me back my confidence. Made me feel like actually going somewhere!
Shelby offered expert advice based on my body shape, complexion and needs. She even had me try on options I would not have picked in a million shopping sprees, but I loved everything! And I had tons of honest girlfriends around to help me make the best choices.
A margarita machine never hurt anyone either!
Thank you, Shelby for a wonderful evening with friends! Let's do it again next season! For those of you that missed out, you can check some of the lines on her website or for personal shopping advice email Shelby at chicboutique48@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love seeing all you darling young women! Great looking clothes too! What a find!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun...and such great clothes! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete