Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First Year Photos

It is no secret that I love taking photos, but when Claire asked me to take photos of her son for his first birthday I have to admit I was a little nervous. I by no means consider myself a professional. I am still learning and growing in photography. I do have a passion for capturing memories and I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to perfectly portray Wyatt, age one. That I would some how not live up to his mom's expectations, but I agreed to try since taking photographs excites me. Plus, who could resist this precious little grunter?

Making no promises, Claire only had a few, simple requests. Cake smash and her mom's blanket.
I could not have asked for a better model. Wyatt's little personality shines. He is a happy, laid back guy with the most incredible raspy voice. And when mommy sneezes he starts into a fit of giggles! I could not have been prepared for Wyatt's first cake tasting experience. He did just exactly what we wanted him to do and then some without coaching. I bet Claire was cleaning chocolate for days!

Claire, you are one incredible mom. I had such a fun afternoon sweating it out in the woods with you. Wyatt is an amazing little boy and I am excited our boys will grow up together. Thank you for allowing me to share in such a milestone. Happy first birthday Wyatt!

Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. OMG! Absolutely adorable! good job Kate!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I love the one in just jeans sitting down without a shirt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! He is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job baby...photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, you could totally be a professional! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much guys! When it is your kid, it is okay if you don't get the perfect shot... I hope his mommy likes them! I sure had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, but there are SO MANY perfect shots!!! I'm totally impressed with the lighting, angles, composition and of course, the adorable expressions captured forever. What a precious little guy!!
    Love them all, and my favorite composition is the black and white in the chair with water behind. So cool! You are gifted at capturing so much more than the photo...you get the moment, the emotion, the "magic" as our family photographer, Keith Carter, used to say back in Midland. It's obvious you have a passion for this and you're blessed with the talent to go with it. Way to go, KRob!!

    ReplyDelete