Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Update from the Bed

Well, it has been about 12 days of bed rest and I think I have watched every type of show known to man! HaHa! Over the past week and a half we have had such wonderful family, friends and neighbors. We went to the doctor on Monday and I can report that she was very happy with my progress. Even though I am still having contractions, they are not as frequent and we are still managing them with procardia which is so much better than the magnesium. The best news is that my cervix is still closed and that I went from the 4th percentile in fluid to the 47th in just one week. The bad news is that I have an extra week of bed rest so that makes a total of 3 weeks from the time we went in originally, but I am willing to do anything to keep this little man put. We go in for an update on the 23rd so please keep your prayers coming as the power of prayer has done amazing things and we could not thank you enough! I have also learned throughout this entire experience that sometimes you just need to slow down, that things don't always have to be perfect, and that God is in control.

I will say that one of the best things about this experience has been being able to see our little miracle on the ultrasound more than you would normally be able to see due to the complications. Below is a facial shot. I just love that little nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment