Monday, August 9, 2010

They say its your birthday

August 4th is pretty high up there on the list of my favorite days. It is the day that my husband entered the world. Liam and I could not have been more excited to celebrate such an amazing person in our lives. And even though Cowboy tickets were not involved, I think - I hope - that he had a wonderful day. That the day and even a little into the weekend was celebrated just as he wished and this Monday he is drinking coffee with a smile.
We began the birthday with dinner at Trulucks with Liam and Margaret.
Then, on Friday morning the Margarita machine arrived! A refreshingly wonderful, lemony-lime concoction to start the party. It was worth every penny to be able to pull the lever and fill your glass with your very own adult slurpie.
Instead of top twenty billboard hits, we jammed to the tunes of the itsy bitsy spider played by Brooks and Liam. (what a difference a year makes)
We ate plenty of pizza, sang happy birthday...
Devoured a three-tier platter loaded with Sprinkles cupcakes.
And blew party horns!

Then, towards the end of the night when Liam was fast asleep, Alan began a post drinking game. The game that you can only play after a few beers and a good margarita. A game all about Bill. And we all took turns showering him with compliments, memories and happy sentiments until his head couldn't be filled anymore.
And because the round never completed full circle to me... Bill, I love you. I have loved you probably most of my life and that is an awesome feeling. You are my best friend. You are truly an amazing father and that makes me love you that much more. I love our life together, that you have helped create. You make me laugh, and I love that we make each other happy!
And we have some pretty wonderful friends too.
Thanks for all that you are and all that you do! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Dang, I need one of those margarita machines. Oh, wait, I probably don't! I'd just be drinking all the time!!

    ReplyDelete