Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unofficial Start to Summer

Memorial Day is a day that commemorates our soldiers who have fought and died for our country. While I am truly greatful for all of those men and women, I am also happy to celebrate the 'unofficial' start of SUMMER!! Oh how I love summer, and even though I celebrate summer a little differently than I used to, it still brings a smile to my face. Summer used to mean a break from school. It used to mean the start of life guarding at the Corsicana Country Club pool where we all ended up 'well done' after cooking in the sun 6 days a week. Even though sun exposure and skin cancer are no longer a part of my job description, I can still enjoy the warm joys that summer brings! Summer means that we still have daylight when Bill and I get home from work to take Liam on evening walks and talk about our days. It means snow cones and cold treats! It means margaritas poolside and the excitement of taking Liam down to Galveston to experience the ocean. I am so excited it is summer! Not excited about sporting my new post-baby body in a swimsuit or fighting off pesky mosquitoes, but excited none the less!
Photobucket

For Liam's first Memorial Day weekend, we traveled to San Antonio to visit my parents and we had such a great time. We started off summer with a backyard BBQ where my dad grilled salmon and mom made delicious zucchini boats! I was happy to partake in the summer punch now that I no longer have to worry about alcohol content! Dad and I blew up the toy frog that GiGi bought Liam to swim in and we suited him up for the pool. Unfortunately our hearts were a little ahead of the pool water in terms of temperature, but we did manage to dip those chubby thighs into the water for a taste of whats to come! Uncle Steven and Rachael came to view Liam's new trick of rolling over and we sat around, catching up and laughing until bedtime. Liam and Tucker were completely worn out from the trip and have slept extra long these past few nights~ Here's to the start of a wonderful summer!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment