Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mommy's got her Groove Back!

Mommy's got her groove back... well, sort of! Before getting pregnant, I had worked my way up to a whopping 6 mile jog. Now, all you marathon runners will not be impressed, but I was pretty happy with my accomplishment of 6 miles. When Bill and I found out that I was pregnant I was thrilled! I decided that running was most likely not good for the baby (either that or it was an excuse to stop). I decided low impact stretching and walking was much better with a little one on board and we were doing great until... dum, dum, dum... BED REST! And not the "you should stay in bed" translated to "take it easy" kind of bed rest. The bed rest that required bed pans and spit baths, which later turned into bathroom and shower only. The bed rest that required support hose so that your legs didn't turn into mush - the ugly kind of bed rest. I would have laid in that bed all over again for our little munchkin... exercise is so overrated!


Needless to say, working out post baby included many bicep curls and lunges (to pick up fallen pacifiers), but not really any major cardio. So, that makes nearly 6 months of pretty much minimal workout. UNTIL last Saturday... Mommy had the bright idea that she could just pop right up and run a 5K with her girlfriends... no training necessary. Lets just say - at least I finished! It wasn't fast and it sure wasn't pretty, but I finished!
Photobucket


Later that night, Bill and I went out for the very first time without Liam. I am so lucky to have my sister-in-law in town who was available short notice to watch him for a couple of hours while Bill and I enjoyed the company of adults at M'Lees Housewarming party! So exciting! She was a wonderful host and I thoroughly enjoyed the margarita machine! It was really great to emerge from our bubble and catch up with friends! Liam had a wonderful time with his Aunt Nolie and even trained her to take him outside to hang out by the beautiful water fountain in her complex. Who wouldn't enjoy a nice evening next to a calming water fountain?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


The next day we headed over to Bill's grandmother's house to swim! Bill heated the pool to bath water temp and we waited patiently while the afternoon thunderstorm passed so we could dunk those baby toes in the water and play until dinner.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And when our fingers were nice and pruned, we snuggled into over sized beach towels and made a milk mustache!
Photobucket

2 comments: